Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ruth, Toothless, and Valoo

Gizmothefreaky

Reaction score
Hey! Its been a long time since i posted here, and i wanted to give n update on my kiddos... This isnt even all of them... I also have an albino juvi named Chusi, but dont have a picture of him handy right now. lol!!

So, Ruth is my female, she is the lusistic, and then Toothless is the wild, and Valoo is the GFP wild, they are both male. Yes they all live together, all in a huge 55 gallon corner tank, and when Chusi gets big enough he will move in with them. I had them in this small tank while i cleaned and rearranged theirs, and decided to take some photos... Hope you like them! :3

koakoakoa

Reaction score
Wow, their gills are so lush! I have had my juvenile axie for about 2 weeks now. When do the gills develop like that? Does it have something to do with your tank oxygen content or something?

Gizmothefreaky

Reaction score
I am not sure honestly, all i have in my tank is a bubbler and filter, so there is a lot of oxygen in the water. That might be why. lol

Misterbluesky

Reaction score
These are gorgeous axolotls! I can't wait until mine gets that big.
They're all named after dragons, correct? Ruth, from the Pern series; Toothless from HTTYD; Valoo from the LoZ series? Simply lovely!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1