Safe soil options

Loridakay

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I have some question about soil. I’m currently building a tank with a plant wall hanging above the tank. The goal is to use it as a little bit of extra filtration. Water will be pumped up from the tank down the plant wall back into the tank after filtering through some active carbon.

Now I’m trying to figure out what type of soil I could use in the plant wall. I know I need to avoid heavy metals, really any metals. Could anyone point me in the right direction of a possible safe soil option I could use?

Thanks in advance

What about one of the substrates designed for planted tanks? I've seen them at my local Petco and they look pretty much like soil.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back