Sagittaria Subulata Dwarf grass

rebel

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
R3bel
I was mainly wandering if anyone has this in their tanks with Cynops Orientalis. Main question is caring for it. I tried the internet, though most of it is general. So anyone who has this plant care to share more information about ti and caring/propagating it?

Thanks

I have it in all my tanks. I think its quite pretty.
It is easy to keep and fast growing.In the UK it will grow well at room temperature.
It has runners that will start into other plants that's how it multiplies.
I actually have to cut mine back regularly other wise it would take over it is so fast growing.
Also I have noticed my newts will wrap eggs in the leaves. I have earth as substrate in my tank. I think its quite a good choice of plant .

Here is a picture of one of my tanks with earth substrate and no filter which is very stable all the plants in the back ground are all Sagittaria Subulata .

Attachments

• IMG_6755.jpg
    IMG_6755.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 14,887
Mike
What winter temps have the dwarf grasses been exposed to? My tanks don't get much lower than 10c. and I would love to plant some!
Heather

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back