Saying Hi from Mi

alexismommy23

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Ariane Brockitt
Just posting to say Hi and join in on the posting fun! I have owned axolotls for about a year and just 6 months ago started breeding and selling locally. I have 9 adults of all different types and many babies! :bowl:

Hi & welcome :)

You sound like you've got a bunch of happy axies :)

feel free to share pics of them & babies - we're mostly all axie mad & can't get enough axie pics & happy stories ;)

<3 >o_o< <3

IMG_4146_zps726fc4d3.jpg
IMG_4157_zps19d7324c.jpg

They look very healthy :)
Love the big wild types!

My concern would be the size of some of those pebbles look like they could easily be swallowed >_<

Having seen some of the X-rays on here showing similar size pebbles lodged inside an axie I'd be steering clear of the pebbles (also for cleaning they're not the best option). Also I'm a big fan of live plants, plastic do not offer the tank as much as some live plants do.

<3 >o_o< <3

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your pictures. Your axies all look gorgeous. I hope mine look like that when they grow up. Noticed your later pictures of them on sand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I've had no issues with the pebbles. The sand, they hate they would perch on the logs and rocks, they didn't like it very much. I am looking to switch to a different bottom besides sand and gravel.

Axolotls will swallow substrate. If the pebbles are large enough to be swallowed but too small to pass through the digestive tract, they will cause impaction. This can be deadly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back