Sexing T.Natans q

martin

Reaction score
Display Name
martin handford
Hey, I've kept T.natans for around 4 years now but have come to a dilemma.... I recently moved and limited my colony down to two. The problem now is, now I cant quite seem to remember which sex is which. Heres 2 pics of the remaining 2 of my colony, can anyone please remind me which ones male and which is female? Both are equal in size atm and are virgins.

Female?
Male%20Caecilian.JPEG

Male?
Female%20Caecilian.jpg

Have you tried asking on the forum at gymnophiona.org? I think you'll get more response there. I'm impressed with your photos, though, it can't be easy photographing the tail underside of a caecilian!

Hey Jennifer,

I have tried searching through gymnophionas database and forum (from campus). But I am unfortunately having a lot of difficulty accessing that site so am unable to make any post there. Oh well, hopefully ill find out in a few months anyways since I've attempted to induce breeding. Thanks for the reply.

PS: Thanks for the pic compliment. They are rather difficult to capture... I ended up throwing on some extra lighting and doing lots of algae scrubbing to get the pics
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back