shedding issue for T Gran.

jendog35

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
jens wayne
I have noticed for a week now, my Taricha G hasn't fully shedded her skin. It looks like she partially shedded but somehow it hasn't fully been rid of and is stuck to her. Any ideas?

Is the newt aquatic or terrestrial? Is the skin in one piece, or coming off in flakes?

It is possible to assist them with getting the shed skin off, but there's a significant risk of doing more harm than good.

she is terrestrial and shedding - or trying to shed in one piece.

My terrestrial one sheds in pieces too. I've tried keeping the tank more moist, and giving her a large water dish (which she uses occasionally), but she still has issues shedding. My aquatics never had a problem.

my aquatic one shed fine also. Does your terrestrial bury herself? Her skin is still kinda stuck around her upper body. I tried to pull it off, but it wouldn't. She hasn't eaten in a few days also.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back