Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Sick/Stressed Axolotl?!

zoezakella

Reaction score
Thank you all so much!
The tank is still filled with some of his old water, but mainly some fresh.
He is happily wrapped up and in his sanctuary (i find that so strange but hey! if it helps him thats all i want)
I will be getting sand and something for him to hide in tomorrow.
Again, thank you so much!
I will keep everyone posted on his progress :smile:

Great :D

Keep him in the fridge for a couple of days in a container of cool dechlorinated water which has a lid and is covered with a tea towel to keep him away from the fridge lights and see what he poops out. Hopefully it will be just normal poo but am guessing you could be seeing gravel pieces...

Keep us updated and thanks for taking the advice so well :D

mewsie

Reaction score
He is happily wrapped up and in his sanctuary (i find that so strange but hey! if it helps him thats all i want)

Haha, believe me, it gets weirder. The life of an axolotl owner is full of the bizarre.

Sounds like the others got you covered, just wanted to give you a big ol' thumbs up for paying attention to the advice, and another for giving your axolotl such an insane name.

Last edited:

officerPuckles

Reaction score
thank you mewsie!
i noticed that something was wrong immediately, i just wasn't sure how to handle it.
so thanks everybody!

Officer Puckles has now been in sanctuary for about 8 hours, he pooped once. A lot for such a little guy!
He was put in fresh new water and will now sit out the night.
I am excited for his newfound health! YAY NO MORE CONSTIPATED AXOLOTL

zoezakella

Reaction score
thank you mewsie!
i noticed that something was wrong immediately, i just wasn't sure how to handle it.
so thanks everybody!

Officer Puckles has now been in sanctuary for about 8 hours, he pooped once. A lot for such a little guy!
He was put in fresh new water and will now sit out the night.
I am excited for his newfound health! YAY NO MORE CONSTIPATED AXOLOTL

NO worries thats what we are here for :)

Great news, did he poop gravel or was it just poop??

officerPuckles

Reaction score
Well it was black ish poop.
It might have been slightly gravelly, but like I had said I really don't think I have seen his normal poop yet.
So I am not quite sure, but there was some rockish things in there too so it was most likely gravel.

zoezakella

Reaction score
Well it was black ish poop.
It might have been slightly gravelly, but like I had said I really don't think I have seen his normal poop yet.
So I am not quite sure, but there was some rockish things in there too so it was most likely gravel.

Well at least he is pooping it all out bless him! sounds liek you wont be seeing normal poop for a while until all that gravel is out!

Is he still in the fridge???

You will know his poop when you see it looks like a large guinea pig poo :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!