John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Display Name
John Clare
Over night, the season began with these Sierra Morena Fire Salamander larvae, Salamandra s. morena "Aracena". The mother is the heavily marked female, not the fatter one.
pretty morenica Aracena female first litter AddText_11-07-12.30.20.jpg

AddText_11-07-02.34.05.jpg

Here is mom on her own earlier this year:
PXL_20210516_043609625.jpg

This is mom morenica "Aracena". She started producing larvae on Saturday night. Unfortunately, a lot of mothers have issues with their first ever litter, which I believe is the case here. This one has been shedding larvae all over the substrate of her tank. So it made sense to stick her in water overnight to try to get it over and done with - she's up to about 25 now.
Aracena litter 11-10-2021 AddText_11-10-10.18.57.jpg

Congrats John! Absolutely beautiful morenica lady you got there! Can't wait to see how the offspring will look like as they grow:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back