Signs of a sick axie??

Hi,
I'm in Sydney as well - if you are anywhere near Broadway I buy my worms at the pet store there. That said I have been told composting worms are fine but to put the worm you are going to feed in some cold water for awhile so they pass the dirt they are in - some axy's don't like the dirt and the worm may still taste like whatever it has just been eating. I've also been told not to put onions in the compost as the axy's don't like the worms then.

Are you running a refrigerator?
You really should be if you are living in Sydney, it gets way to warm for them here unless you are out near the mountains.
Our axy is rediculously fat and happy since we bought the chiller - her tank sits at 18 c all the time. We just got a new one in to fatten him up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back