Simply showing the world our new roommate and progress.

stormi_weathers

Reaction score
Country
United States
My little baby. We got him early July — after researching and doing a lot of homework on axolotls. As a teenager, I raised a lot of newts because I wasn’t really interested in having a pet dog or cat. That soon turned my attention to axolotls. I tried to learn as much as I could about the axolotls as I could — Im glad I did! So far, this baby has went to being under 2 inches to (i know it doesnt appear that way but hes basically doubled in size!) 4 inches. We are about to spot-clean the tank since we gave it a full water change (as weekly) yesterday. I had to wait to get a good photo, considering this ones personality is pretty 💁🏽‍♀️ - sassy. Do not worry, experts out there! This is a temporary tank, we’ve got a bigger one coming and the fake plants are temporary since its really hard to find someone willing to send us the plants needed. Although we have noticed that this baby loves to roll the moss balls around like they are playing soccer.

I forgot to post this earlier so I apologize if it happens to be placed elsewhere. :)

Attachments

• D0AB5F1A-E212-428A-8E4A-EBB3BDE542DA.jpeg
    D0AB5F1A-E212-428A-8E4A-EBB3BDE542DA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 785
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back