Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Slug or Salamander Eggs?

minorhero

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Found this in my wood pile (off the ground). My first thought was slug eggs since I definitely have a hefty slug population in my yard. But they look much bigger then snail eggs I've seen posted in previous threads on this forum. Located in central Maryland.

Thoughts?

Qbtk6ti.jpg

MikeEMiller60

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Found this in my wood pile (off the ground). My first thought was slug eggs since I definitely have a hefty slug population in my yard. But they look much bigger then snail eggs I've seen posted in previous threads on this forum. Located in central Maryland.

Thoughts?

Qbtk6ti.jpg
Having been in education for most of my entire life, I understood that I like essay help much more than private tutoring. If you do not know where to write my essay for money, visit essayhub.com/write-my-essay-for-money service, and get a high-quality essay.
Yep, likely some good ol Plethodon cinereus eggs, although a lot of other lungless salamander species have similar-looking egg clusters.

minorhero

Reaction score
Thank you guys! After identifying the slugs in my yard, leopard slugs, and looking up what their eggs look like, I am pretty sure they are slug eggs. I should have done this at the start but previously all the slug eggs I had seen were much smaller, so I thought these were more likely to be salamander.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!