freshly made
september 2006
79007.jpg

december 2006
79008.jpg

february 2007
ready for colonization
79009.jpg

Juraj, what do you plan on colonizing the pond with? Will it happen naturally, or will you assist? What lives locally? What about plant life? Looks promising already. Good luck!

It`s about 4 feet deep. It will be colonized completely naturally by all aquatic organisms. Locally live alpestris,cristatus, vulgaris, Bombina variegata, Hyla arborea and Rana dalmatina. The locality is a small damp meadow with loamy subsoil and some shallow pools which dry out very early in the summer. We do these things to places in which they are desirable. In most cases the real problem is to get the proprietor`s permission. And quite a lot of fun.

That looks like an interesting and fun project. Please keep us posted as amphibians colonize it!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back