Tuco's laying her first batch of eggs!

Attachments

• IMG_1709.jpg
    IMG_1709.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1715.jpg
    IMG_1715.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 238
Is Nugget the father? Or is it Midas who hiding in the corner? Only Maury knows for sure! lol:D

Attachments

• IMG_1716.jpg
    IMG_1716.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 229
A sample of her handiwork :D

Attachments

• IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 218
Congrats! The eggs you got from me were my axies first too! :D

In honor of my new tweakers, I started making decorations for a new 10 gallon tank for them to play in. Going for castle ruins this time. Here it is so far with and without the flash:

Attachments

• IMG_1727.jpg
    IMG_1727.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1728.jpg
    IMG_1728.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 189
and 1 more from the side

Attachments

• IMG_1730.jpg
    IMG_1730.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 189
The tweakers are hatching!!!:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_1788.jpg
    IMG_1788.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1787.jpg
    IMG_1787.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 178
Congratulations on the eggs and babies, if you use plastic or real plants the axy will lay on them , they are easy to remove from the tank then. I use planted pots/tubs, you can pull the plants out easy then.

Yep, unfortunately she was in the "metroid" tank when she laid, so thee were eggs stashed in all these little nooks and crannies and all over the walls. Not a lot of plants in that tank except marimo moss balls.

If the eggs you pulled from the tank are hatching check the adult tank, you will be suprised how many you can miss, use a turkey baster to suck the little guys up who are still in there.

If the eggs you pulled from the tank are hatching check the adult tank, you will be suprised how many you can miss, use a turkey baster to suck the little guys up who are still in there.

I was doing that at first, I switched to a syphon tube later, which ended up working a little better.

Wow your hatchlings look huge hehe! congratz :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back