So I thought I had two males...

Just woke up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title suggests I was wrong. In the past day eggs have suddenly appeared attached to the fake plant in my tank. I honestly just thought that one of them was being greedy and just getting fat, but now I guess I was wrong.

Here though is my dilemma. I recently broke up with my girlfriend and I was due to move out on Saturday. I don't know how versatile the eggs are but would they survive the moving process? How would I do this? The move is a simple one only a 5 minute drive but if it is better I have been told I can leave the tank there for the time being.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

This was truely unexpected.

Eggs can be suprisingly tough. You can try to leave them on the plant, then just gently put them in a container of water and drive them, they should be fine. If you don't want the eggs, you can advertise them in the for sale section and probably find homes for them very quickly.

If they can survive the turmoil that is the US Postal System, a 5 minute drive won't phase them a bit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back