Question: So much poop!

ladygodiva35

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Cyn
I'm starting to feed Saskia and Sage every other day now I fed them a huge meal as much as they wanted. This was about 4 days ago. Since then Sage has refused to eat the past 2 days and ate a little bit today. But he's been pooping non stop! Regular poop but geesh...I go to scoop the poop out and come back to find an other one! This has been going on for about 2 or so days if endless poop. I'm used to them pooping every other day like one turd each.
Was he constipated and that's why he didn't wanna eat?

Lol..well,you just admitted to giving them a no holds barred buffet..lmao...so now you pay the price I guess..I can't stop laughing over this...

LOL yeah well there is another poop once again right after I cleaned up the last one! NEVER ENDING! How does all that fit inside an axolotl to begin with?!

Mine wait until right after I have just finished cleaning everything and washed my hands to all drop hefty turds everywhere. Sometimes I'll clean maybe 3 times in a row because of their planned poops.:mad:

Mine wait until right after I have just finished cleaning everything and washed my hands to all drop hefty turds everywhere. Sometimes I'll clean maybe 3 times in a row because of their planned poops.:mad:

I laughed so hard boomsloth oh my gosh xD

Zion is good about his, I'll come home and he'll have left one out for me to pick up. MOM LOOK WHAT I DID

I've seen Great Danes that crapped less than my axolotls.

Well, no I haven't...but they do **** a LOT.

LOL yeah well there is another poop once again right after I cleaned up the last one!

You sound surprised....!

My larvae wait until I have cleaned their tubs, my adults wait until I have done a water change....We call ours 'poopalotls'.

But in answer to the OP - have you ever eaten a huge meal and not felt hungry for a long while afterwards? And then had digestive discomfort or upset of some kind? Axies are no different to people in that respect. Big meal = lots of poop.

Omgsh yes! They love to poop right after you finish cleaning. My husband thinks it's funny when I go to admire my axies then shout "Seriously they pooped again?! I just cleaned it!" Such little poopy heads!

Kinda like cats...right after you clean the litter box they go leave a gift in there and take off running around the house all hyper.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back