Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

So what does everyone on here do for fun?

AmphibiGirl

Reaction score
Outside of herping, I am pretty much a nerd, gamer girl. I collect comics, mainly DC Universe.
I literally am branded for life, I have Batman tatted on my arm.
I love SciFi. Anything SciFi lol
Star Wars is definitely one of my favorite franchises, next to Aliens.
I cosplay, I'm not hardcore into it, but I definitely want to take it to that level. 4 years straight going to New York Comic Con, which is a pretty dope experience.
I love anime. Super big on that as well.
And I havent been recently video gaming since my promotion. But I'm a Sony girl. PS FOR LIFE 🤘🏽.

KayDee

Reaction score
I am pretty boring, but will reply anyway😊

I own a couple of horses. I am actually horse mad. Owned them most of my life and have shown and have done trail riding. Both girls are retired now and just giant pets but they are much loved.

I work full time and have young 3 boys who are all really sporty. We take them wakeboarding in summer, play football during winter (Aussie rules), attend cross fit junior classes, muay thai classes and go bike riding. I have a pretty busy life. My horses are my "thing" and nobody else really has an interest in them.

I do attend cross fit classes, but I pretty much suck at it but I do give it a red hot go😁

I also have a rainbow lorikeet called Barney who is a great source of amusement to my family. Quite the character. I own 2 jack russells who contribute to my grey hairs. OMG anyone who owns a jack russell will totally understand😨

I also volunteer at a local wildlife shelter. I get to bottle feed baby kangaroos and wombats. I love baby wombats. So naughty but I just adore them. They have the cutest feet you have ever seen.

I love watching football (Aussie rules). HUGE fan. I also live across from a golf course so I love sitting outside in summer with a nice glass of wine so I can listen to the golfers swear and act like babies 😂

Last edited:

seandelevan

Reaction score
Garden.
which is funny because it stemmed from love of ponds which stemmed from my love of amphibians. All hobbies are connected and interdependent for me. But from June to Oct I’m weeding, planting, watering, propagating...if I come across some worms they are fed to my critters. Critters get all the attention in the winter months.

Herpin Man

Reaction score
Garden.
which is funny because it stemmed from love of ponds which stemmed from my love of amphibians. All hobbies are connected and interdependent for me. But from June to Oct I’m weeding, planting, watering, propagating...if I come across some worms they are fed to my critters. Critters get all the attention in the winter months.
That's interesting, because most of my side hobbies stemmed from my herp hobby in one way or another- fish keeping, photography, isopods, tropical plants. Beyond that, and working, there isn't time for much else. Field herping is probably my #1 favorite thing to do.

AmphibiGirl

Reaction score

I own a couple of horses. I am actually horse mad. Owned them most of my life and have shown and have done trail riding. Both girls are retired now and just giant pets but they are much loved.

I work full time and have young 3 boys who are all really sporty. We take them wakeboarding in summer, play football during winter (Aussie rules), attend cross fit junior classes, muay thai classes and go bike riding. I have a pretty busy life. My horses are my "thing" and nobody else really has an interest in them.

I do attend cross fit classes, but I pretty much suck at it but I do give it a red hot go😁

I also have a rainbow lorikeet called Barney who is a great source of amusement to my family. Quite the character. I own 2 jack russells who contribute to my grey hairs. OMG anyone who owns a jack russell will totally understand😨

I also volunteer at a local wildlife shelter. I get to bottle feed baby kangaroos and wombats. I love baby wombats. So naughty but I just adore them. They have the cutest feet you have ever seen.

I love watching football (Aussie rules). HUGE fan. I also live across from a golf course so I love sitting outside in summer with a nice glass of wine so I can listen to the golfers swear and act like babies 😂

Aww thats pretty neat. The only time I got to experience horses was when I was in the 3rd grade. We went to a little house ranch and I got to ride one for 10 mins. But that was about it lol which sucks lol I suck at any kind of sport lol

In high-school I was trying out for the basketball team but being that i was a senior. It really didn't matter. I was somewhat good. But I tried my best and had fun.

AmphibiGirl

Reaction score
That's interesting, because most of my side hobbies stemmed from my herp hobby in one way or another- fish keeping, photography, isopods, tropical plants. Beyond that, and working, there isn't time for much else. Field herping is probably my #1 favorite thing to do.

Thats cool as well. I mean i never experienced field herping. I mean i live in NY City so there's not much wild life out here but rats and pidgeons lol. My best bet are expos, or visiting the zoo.

MnGuy

Reaction score
Thats cool as well. I mean i never experienced field herping. I mean i live in NY City so there's not much wild life out here but rats and pidgeons lol. My best bet are expos, or visiting the zoo.

You should try herping on Long Island. I spent a summer on Long Island's north shore many years ago and was surprised with how nice the state parks were. I was in Kings Park.

AmphibiGirl

Reaction score
You should try herping on Long Island. I spent a summer on Long Island's north shore many years ago and was surprised with how nice the state parks were. I was in Kings Park.

O definitely gotta do that when I get the chance. I work at Starbucks and my schedule has been kicking my a*s lol

MermaidMommy

Reaction score

You are far from boring! Very full life.

MermaidMommy

Reaction score
I live in Houston, TX. It’s a city but I hop in the car and drive 30 minutes in any direction and can find a place to explore. I love it but right now it’s soooo HOT! I’m starting to really want a little rough green snake. My dream is a blue diamondback terrapin but it’s illegal to have them here.:cry:

AidanD

Reaction score
Academic stuff I suppose. My main interest is paleontology, so I keep up to date on papers and the like; this also entails learning from professionals with more experience than myself. Acting is pretty fun too, so I read a lot of screenplays and do vocal exercises along with singing and dancing. Real hobbies aside, I’m a binge watcher of anime. Nothing too special though, mostly vanilla Shounen junk.

Calgarycoppers

Reaction score
Total Geek

We play monopoly all the way through, collect tokens from all the different sets, watch movies, take day trips etc. I love crafting but not a thing lately.

Oh Covid you suck

AmphibiGirl

Reaction score
Academic stuff I suppose. My main interest is paleontology, so I keep up to date on papers and the like; this also entails learning from professionals with more experience than myself. Acting is pretty fun too, so I read a lot of screenplays and do vocal exercises along with singing and dancing. Real hobbies aside, I’m a binge watcher of anime. Nothing too special though, mostly vanilla Shounen junk.

Thats pretty neat! I like learning about paleontology. I used to watch Documentaries on the Discovery Channel. My best bet would be checking out the Museum of Natural History.
Im currently binge watching One Punch Man.

AmphibiGirl

Reaction score
Total Geek

We play monopoly all the way through, collect tokens from all the different sets, watch movies, take day trips etc. I love crafting but not a thing lately.

Oh Covid you suck

COVID is definitely a major buzz kill. I havent played monopoly since I was 14 lol in my household we definitely grew out of it. Now we just bet around playing Uno lol

MermaidMommy

Reaction score
COVID is definitely a major buzz kill. I havent played monopoly since I was 14 lol in my household we definitely grew out of it. Now we just bet around playing Uno lol
We are a game house. PS4, card, board etc. And we are Latin and love playing Lotería. It’s like Bingo with pictures.

AmphibiGirl

Reaction score
We are a game house. PS4, card, board etc. And we are Latin and love playing Lotería. It’s like Bingo with pictures.

I wish my household was a gaming house. As we grew older, me being the eldest and I'm 30 lol am the only one thats a kid at heart. Besides my little brother (21) we're the only gamer junkies. My 2 little sisters are just too girly lol

AidanD

Reaction score
Thats pretty neat! I like learning about paleontology. I used to watch Documentaries on the Discovery Channel. My best bet would be checking out the Museum of Natural History.
Im currently binge watching One Punch Man.

Ah yes, the Discovery Channel... such a shame how much their show quality has declined in recent years. I live in the middle of nowhere, so museums are a rare luxury, though I’ve heard the Museum of Natural History is enjoyable. OPM is great, it’s the show that got me interested in anime.

AmphibiGirl

Reaction score
Ah yes, the Discovery Channel... such a shame how much their show quality has declined in recent years. I live in the middle of nowhere, so museums are a rare luxury, though I’ve heard the Museum of Natural History is enjoyable. OPM is great, it’s the show that got me interested in anime.

Nice! Sailor Moon was what started it all for me lol. Im super picky with anime because I get bored easily.

AmphibiGirl

Reaction score
I draw, paint, write, read, and get disrespected at work by a manager who has less college degrees than me lol.

Lol we all had a manager that crosses the line 🤣 trust me I had my fare share and I work at Starbucks. What type of drawings do you do?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!