Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

So what does everyone on here do for fun?

EasternRomioi3

Reaction score
As of late, I have been doing wax on ink drawings, mainly laying down a layer of alcohol ink and then going over with wax based colored pencils. My bread and better is actually graphite drawings but I've been in a coloring mood lately. I rarely do pure colored pencil drawings because it takes a MASSIVE toll on my hands. They take so long and to get specific details, like drawing eyes, I have to press hard. Sometimes I paint, sometimes I make clay sculptures, or rather, start them, my best friend molds them, fires them, then I paint them.

And my manager crossed the line in January when she scheduled me a 6am to 7pm, then a 2am to 7pm shift. She is the epitome of an "absentee manager." The handbook and manager's application, which I read, said the manager must work 3 out of every 4 weekends. I have never seen mine work a single weekend. She is off Friday-Saturday-Sunday.

GulfCoastAxolotls

Reaction score
Outside of keeping and breeding axololts, we are a total gamer house. lately it has been WoW classic for my hubby and ESO/Fallout for me. Anything that occupies a lot of time, especially since Covid put a major wrench into our other plans. Had to cancel our wedding and honeymoon in April. We still got married, just not how we planned. Now instead of rescheduling and spending money on a party (we had the ceremony we wanted and thats what matters), we are building a house. I spent a good chuck of quarantine drawing a floor plan and designing the whole house myself, so I will now have a room specially designed to keep, raise, and maintain my axolotl obsession. I have a very patient husband 😂.

AmphibiGirl

Reaction score
As of late, I have been doing wax on ink drawings, mainly laying down a layer of alcohol ink and then going over with wax based colored pencils. My bread and better is actually graphite drawings but I've been in a coloring mood lately. I rarely do pure colored pencil drawings because it takes a MASSIVE toll on my hands. They take so long and to get specific details, like drawing eyes, I have to press hard. Sometimes I paint, sometimes I make clay sculptures, or rather, start them, my best friend molds them, fires them, then I paint them.

And my manager crossed the line in January when she scheduled me a 6am to 7pm, then a 2am to 7pm shift. She is the epitome of an "absentee manager." The handbook and manager's application, which I read, said the manager must work 3 out of every 4 weekends. I have never seen mine work a single weekend. She is off Friday-Saturday-Sunday.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing some of your pieces. I love art. But I DEFINITELY know that scenario. I had my previous manager try that bullsh*t and eventually I left my home store and moved to 35th street. He was more of a manager that was into numbers than actually building a strong team. He was very sarcastic and not very good to work with. After I left a lot of people ended up leaving or quitting. Dont worry Karma does come to those who deserve it.

AmphibiGirl

Reaction score
Outside of keeping and breeding axololts, we are a total gamer house. lately it has been WoW classic for my hubby and ESO/Fallout for me. Anything that occupies a lot of time, especially since Covid put a major wrench into our other plans. Had to cancel our wedding and honeymoon in April. We still got married, just not how we planned. Now instead of rescheduling and spending money on a party (we had the ceremony we wanted and thats what matters), we are building a house. I spent a good chuck of quarantine drawing a floor plan and designing the whole house myself, so I will now have a room specially designed to keep, raise, and maintain my axolotl obsession. I have a very patient husband 😂.

Lmao girl I have been obsessed myself. I just got two fireflies!! And im on the hunt for a high iridophore copper. But im happy that your working on building a home. That is a goal alone. I want a have a man cave with comics, a gaming system and all my reptiles and amphibians lol. My dream home.

EasternRomioi3

Reaction score
Awww, I see someone mentioned Elder Scrolls. I've been burnt out from Skyrim for like months cuz I binged it in November and December but I'm starting to feel the craving call me again.

GulfCoastAxolotls

Reaction score
Awww, I see someone mentioned Elder Scrolls. I've been burnt out from Skyrim for like months cuz I binged it in November and December but I'm starting to feel the craving call me again.
Elder Scrolls is definitely my favorite. I cant tell you how much time Ive spent playing Skyrim. Same with Oblivion after it came out. I wish theyd just come out with the next installment already. I have to say though, ESO has been a fun way to fill that lore craving.

AmphibiGirl

Reaction score

Right now I've just been enjoying Ghost of Tsushima. Im saving for my p5. Throughout this pandemic I've literally been buying snakes 🤣🤦🏽‍♀️

EasternRomioi3

Reaction score
@Piterboy

Literally coloring a drawing right now as I'm reading this. But I see you quoted me and it's outdated. I quit my job, so my manager isn't a problem in my life anymore, scratch that hobby I guess.

Exdraghunt

Reaction score
Oh, I have so many hobbies. Riding antique 3-speed bicycles, writing, drawing, making and wearing costumes. I also volunteer with the local trail association to help build and maintain hiking trails. So I do like to hike too, when I'm not building the trails.

I work on an antique steamship, and I live on a sailboat, so I also spend a lot of time out on the water. If I'm not on a boat, I'm usually swimming, whether at home or in a pool during the colder months.

AmphibiGirl

Reaction score
I've never been on a boat before. Lol but im scared of being in open water. Ive seen way to many stranded or shark movies lol but thats pretty neat.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!