Something a thread-like or fungus on Axolotl

RifqiAhmad

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hello! I just got my first Axolotl 3 weeks ago, I was wondering if that is a fungus or something since it was sticking on my Axolotl's face for awhile though I do water changes once a week.

it doesnt stressing him but I don't really know and it stressing me away, kind of worried if I do a bad treatment or else, the question is, is that a fungus on his left eye?

how to get rid of it? salt bath? there is one on it's cheek before but I pulled it out while feeling bad over it. and this one is too close with his eye.
Posted via Mobile Device

Attachments

• IMG_20200327_215143.jpg
    IMG_20200327_215143.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 616
Can't tell if it's fungus from that photo but if it's fungal or bacterial, the usual first approach is salt baths.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back