Illness/Sickness: Sore leg, rash??

Aimzs Lotties

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Aimée
Red has a sore leg :( He hadn't been looking his best and my other 2 had some fungus so I was salt bathing them all. The other 2 are better now by the way. BUT I stopped bathing Red because he had a small cut on his leg and I think the salt baths were stinging him because he would go all hiper and stressed out. I was only bathing all 3 because I thought they may all have traces of the fungus since they are all in the same tank.

Anyways, his leg now has maybe 5 cuts/red marks on it and one looks like a popped blister or something. He is not using the leg when he swims, but still eating tonnes of earthworms :) His gills are a bit forward though so I know he is stressed.

Please help, I am so worried!
PS. I have a really good picture of it, but caudata never lets me upload pictures :'( I will post it on the facebook group. Thanks!

Oh and his gill feathers are a bit shorter now too. Lottie had the same thing but she is recovering fine now :)

Here is the pic of the sick axi.

Attachments

• Aimee.jpg
    Aimee.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,612
Last edited:
Thanks for that! I have been advised that tea baths will be best so I will be starting them today. Thanks all who helped out! :)

Here is another pic taken without flash, hope someone can help Aimee.

Attachments

• Aimee2.jpg
    Aimee2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 9,855
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back