Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Sorta New From KY

dac343

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been lurking on here for over a year now and am just now posting an introduction. Just a little bit about me. I've been more of a native amphibian enthusiast helping with surveys and just general herping in my area. I do work with several different frog species mainly focused on the genus Mantella. Right now the only salamanders I posses are spotteds and axolotls. I have worked with Cynops orientalis in the past. I'm actually wanting to branch out into more newt species in the future.

As for me, I currently work for Kentucky Fish and Wildlife propagating freshwater mussels. You would be surprised how many species exist and how imperiled many of them are.

Just because I like sharing videos....

https://youtu.be/jAMIsIxaYOk

sebguy

Reaction score
Hey,

(sort of) welcome to the forum, there's nothing wrong with being a lurker here(I know I was for a while :eek:)
But it's great that you made an introduction :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1