Sponge Filter

Connor

New member
Joined
Mar 17, 2014
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Country
Scotland
Could anyone recommend a good air pump (silent if possible:tongue:) and sponge filter ?
 
I have a Hozelock airpump that's really designed for areating ponds. It has two outlets and is really overkill for what I want, but it has a dial on top to adjust the power and it is the quietest one I've owned in nearly thirty years of using them.
I run two cheap sponge filters from ebay from it and never have any issues.
 
I have a Tetra Whisper 10 and 20 and a Fluval Q1, and I find the Tetra Whisper to be the quietest. Then again, the Fluval Q1 goes up to like a 70 gallon tank.
 
I have the Tetra 30 and its not too bad. At the moment my tank is not all the way full so the water coming from the filter falls a little before combining with the tank so I think might be causing some noise but otherwise its not too loud.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
    Back
    Top