Strange Tail?

xMissyDx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again all :) your advice is invaluable so hope you dont mind me posting again :)
So Dave, my axie, is now doing well, so I was surprised when I noticed a dent in his tail. Its visible in the picture, but theres also one about an inch further down his tail on the underside which is a little smaller. Altogether, its looks like theres three? Im worried, please help!!
Thanks in advance x

Attachments

• 1369847337311.jpg
    1369847337311.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 293
They lol like they were injuries from something - I've had a few get these after having major freak outs for whatever odd reason.

Check all the edges of any objects in the tank (post a tank pic if you like - some here may see something you'd never think of) rub your fingers over the edges of hides & all surfaces to see if there's a sharp bit that could catch a tail.

If your water in tank is kept clean these wounds or nicks should heal well & fast.

This is a pic of Dave - she's a rescue (yes she ;) lol) is recuperating from living in a 8"inch diameter fish bowl - Dave is 10"in long so her tail was permanently curled & had a few nicks out of it - the tail is nearly healed now
- it's just the jaggered tip that is nearly healed :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369876459.717989.jpg

<3 >o_o< <3

She's so cute!!! She looks like she is posing for the camera!!

Hi nikki, thanks for your reply, and may i say, what a lovely girl you have! She looks like shes smiling for the camera. Iv called mine dave as a temp measure because i dont know if hes a he or a she lol. The things in the tank have been in for going on 9 months so dont think its tht, but he did start freaking out a couple of days ago (some have said an itch or skin irritation) and its since then i have noticed it. I didnt realise he had hurt himself :( x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hi nikki, thanks for your reply, and may i say, what a lovely girl you have! She looks like shes smiling for the camera. Iv called mine dave as a temp measure because i dont know if hes a he or a she lol. The things in the tank have been in for going on 9 months so dont think its tht, but he did start freaking out a couple of days ago (some have said an itch or skin irritation) and its since then i have noticed it. I didnt realise he had hurt himself :( x

They tend to go schizopop at the most minor thing and injuries are par for the course - the tail is so easily damaged, but the good news is its the fastest thing to heal :D

So don't feel bad - they're not the brightest creatures in the book :p
- but they sure are the cutest ;)

She's so cute!!! She looks like she is posing for the camera!!

Dave just lurves to stretch out & often is found in this strange yoga position - I think it's her physiotherapy for a curled tail - she's rehabilitated herself really :D she's so awesome & always comes up to the surface to say hi (&get a worm or 3 :p lol)

I think theyre brill, and its nice to know it will hopefully heal properly, without causing further stress!! :) x

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back