Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Suitable Ribbed Newt Substrates

klaydogz

Reaction score
I have raised up handful of P. Waltls they are fully morphed and am ready to give the ones I am keeping a tank of their own, I would like to know what substrates are acceptable as I am used to axolotls and am not sure about gravel with the ribbed newts or other ornamentation, Please advise.:smile:

evut

Reaction score
Reaction score
I like big pebbles for sharp ribs at least 4 cm . I feed them worms and they have heads evolved to wedge in-between the stones and almost listen to the worms when they hunt its quite engrossing to watch. They are also easy to keep clean. regards kb

ChristineB

Reaction score
I use bare tanks and it is very entertaining watching them stalk around hunting under and around rocks and hides. They do scrabble a bit on the bare floor but they don't seem bothered and still get their food, so I hope it's not mean to enjoy watching them flail their legs like ridiculous Muppets. They take such forceful, pouncing bites it propels them backwards once they snatch up the food.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!