Illness/Sickness: Swollen cloaca? (lol)

iAxolotl

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well i discovered my golden albino ( I got him for a week now) has swollen balls or whatever it is called.
I try to make more pics, My other axie got nothing :S
Edit: He's also walking the whole time with his backpart of his body floating :S

Attachments

• IMAG0064.jpg
    IMAG0064.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 1,142
Last edited:
Re: Swollen balls? (lol)

That's called the cloaca. That doesn't look very good. I am not experienced with this kind of stuff, but it might be cloaca prolapse (?)

Oh man, I'd have to agree with Psychopathic963. Here's a link that gives a brief description and image:

Photos of Sick Axolotls

Before you go into a full blown panic, could you post some more pictures of your axolotl. Full length and so on. I am not too worried about their size, my axolotl males seem to get larger every now and then. But more pictures would help confirm if there is anything to worry about.

it doesnt look quite like the photos of prolapsed cloacas i've seen, but it does look a little swollen.

More pictures, water parameters etc will help you get help

Bren

Well after 2/1 Hour(s) it became back to normal :S
So i can't make more pictures of it.

Good! Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you ^_^().

From that photo, it looks like my leucistic males cloaca when he is dropping spermatophores.

Mel

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back