T. Karelinii photos

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Country
United States
It seems I have eggs from my Triturus karelinii. I recently removed them from their icy tank in the basement. I placed them in my room where its about room 66 degrees. Its been about 2 weeks and now I have eggs laid in plastic strips that I placed in their tank. Here are some pics and I'll include their winter home which was a icy tank!

Attachments

axolotlfriend

Reaction score
Country
United States
nice pics man.

your personal assistant is pretty cute too ;)

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Country
United States
nice pics man.

your personal assistant is pretty cute too ;)
Thanks! I really like the pics and I have tons of pics of T. karelinii. I just can't stop taking photos of my animals. I like sharing photos and experiences hoping others do the same! I'll upload more photos later on. Thanks!

Ken Worthington

Reaction score
Country
England
Great pics, Jaymes, thanks for sharing, and I look forward to more ;) :happy:
The male has lovely markings on his 'cheeks'

huug

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Display Name
Huug
Hey Jay,

You got some good looking Karelinii!!
Dang! ;)

Knew that already, just cant help but saying it again!:D

Last edited:

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Display Name
Rodrigo
Those are some trully beautiful animals, thanx for sharing! I can´t wait to have space to get more into Triturus, i have a great interest in them.

xMIDNIGHTx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Beautiful shots Jaymes! Outstanding work, I hope to see plenty little one in the upcoming months!

(The male is just stunnin' with the big crest and hand stands, how can you not have fertile eggs! :D)

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Country
United States
Beautiful shots Jaymes! Outstanding work, I hope to see plenty little one in the upcoming months!

(The male is just stunnin' with the big crest and hand stands, how can you not have fertile eggs! :D)
I have tons of fertile eggs. His efforts weren't vain the female laid about 200 eggs. The egg laying hasn't stop yet but she's almost done with her 2nd clutch.

Molch

Reaction score
Country
United States
just found this thread and am delighted at how gorgeous these are. Any updates on the larvae?

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Country
United States
just found this thread and am delighted at how gorgeous these are. Any updates on the larvae?
Like the past couple years I've been swamped in larvae. A fraction of what hatched made it. I am still caring for a handleful at the moment. I'll post pics of recent morphs. Thanks for looking.

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Country
United States
Seems like this is one of my annual threads. I got some pics from a couple a months ago I wanted to share. I caught a female T. karelinii picking up a spermatophore, took tons of pics and video. Other than that there are some other pics from earlier this season.

Attachments

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, you're not the only one! Here are mine breeding. They are from NE of Azerbaijan, bred by a german friend. First eggs are laid and fertile.
Nice! I'm glad I'm not the only one! You think yours my bare some differences from mine? I'm not sure of the location of mine.

Yours look great!

sergé

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Display Name
Sergé Bogaerts
Well, karelinii is a difficult group. However, the most common ones around are from imports from Ukraine/ Caucasus area. There have been animal traders selling adults from that area. So, if yours are from those imports, which is very likely, they belong to the same genetic group.

However, western Turkey ones, which have also been around in private hands are for sure something different, probably a different subspecies. And the ones from Greece/Bulgaria region which were karelinii once are now a different species.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • (Guest) Taro Tea:
    I just got this new axolotl and I didn't cycle the water because the pet store guys said I didn't have to but now I know I have to
  • (Guest) Taro Tea:
    Will anything happen to my axolotl??
  • Mother of Dragons:
    keep adding prime everyday for a week and your axolotl should be ok
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Guest guy has joined the room.
  • (Guest) guy:
    hey
  • sde:
    Caudata.org chat? Haven’t seen this in years
    +1
    Unlike
  • Dougie:
    @sde, hi everybody I'm getting a tiger salamander coming from Katy Texas what are the shipping conditions that's okay to have them shipped to me in the state of Vermont it's just starting to get the temperature low above 45 but it may be too hot to ship him any thoughts or ideas on how to work this out
    +1
    Unlike
  • newtmember:
    as long as its not freezing they should ship fine. I usually ship mine in 2 days priorities like axolotl. insulation and some cold pack. Is this morphed or still a larvae?
    +1
    Unlike
  • macmac194:
    Greetings I have a quaratined tiger salamander due to not feeding and feeling lethargic. I saw a slimy green stuff inside the enclosure. Is this vomit? Poop?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Jjrio421:
    Are you still looking to rehome any of your axolotl babies?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Guest nagato has joined the room.
  • (Guest) nagato:
    Does anybody know where or who to buy danube crested newts from?
  • Mother of Dragons:
    Anyone in the DMV area looking for juvenile axolotls? I have several morphs available. Experienced owners and pickup only please.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Guest axmaolotl has joined the room.
  • Ariania Lee-Ann:
    I currently have a 3 year old axolotl, he hasn't been eating for the past couple of weeks and has lost a lot of weight. Hedwig usually eats bloodworms and earthworms just fine but now he won't even stud it. I've done a water change to make his nitrate lower and his water is at a good temperature
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Guest zippy has joined the room.
  • (Guest) zippy:
    what substrate is he on?
  • Linkisnotzelda:
    Are any of you guys on Quora? I’ve started an axolotl space there and am looking for people interested in helping out!
    +1
    Unlike
  • KarateKid08:
    I am wanting a spotted or tiger salamander and I was wondering how often to feed, what the best feeders would be and how many fed per feeding session.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    KarateKid08 has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    KarateKid08 has joined the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • newtboi:
    Can I has alpine newts pls
    +1
    Unlike
  • ndbug:
    Any ambystoma breeders looking for californiense
    +1
    Unlike
  • axolotl owner2020:
    does anybody have any information on homemade baby axolotl food?
    +1
    Unlike
  • axolotl owner2020:
    I have an earthworm farm, and a tight budget.
    +1
    Unlike
    axolotl owner2020: I have an earthworm farm, and a tight budget. +1