T.marmoratus vivarium construction.

Hi.

I got some done today.
fffffffffff4632.jpg

fffffffffff4629.jpg

Glass on place and siliconed, and the upper strip i in the roof inside the tank. I also siliconed all splice and put in an acrylic plate in the tiger enclosure as well.

fffffffffff4637.jpg

fffffffffff4642.jpg

NOT finished, i think this stonepart is the best so far, easy chapes that dont make it to artificial..Thats my opinion:happy: Its hard for me to describe the idea i got in my head.

Hello,

It looks splendid. Both previous one and this one.
May I ask if you are using just a common styrofoam or is it something else, closely related to styrofoam?

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

it looks splendid. Both previous one and this one.
May I ask if you are using just a common styrofoam or is it something else, closely related to styrofoam?

Regards.

The one I use is foam for housgrund buildning, hard material but when you cut a peice thats the only one how will lose, not like the white common that crumble, and are static. You can sweep the tiny crumbles/(if you have used a saw)from a carpet without probleme, and vacuum-clean the rest 10%. It also comes in pink, but I belive that I have seen a green foam to.

Regards.

Grius, your post here has truely inspired me to try the fake rock backgrounds. This is actually perfect for my next project I have going. It will be a 4ft x 4ft x 4ft cage and will replicate the twilight entrance to a cave. I was wondering how I was going to make it happen... well, your post definitely answered my question! This method is perfect! Thank you for sharing this wonderful technique! Your setup is comming along beautifully!

-josh

Good morning josh.

Then i have reach my goal! im glad that i can help and inspire you guys. Indeed its a very good technique for building faux backgrounds, and the most common at zooz among others if dont use a cast method will say.

Well back to work, i have much to do!

Regards.

Hello.

Your work looks relly good. But if i may be honest i didnt expect enything less from you. I know you are great at this. Its great to see your solution regarding the heatproblem. Thoose warm summerdays will not be a problem for your animals.
Excuse me if i ask, but wich animals will you harbour in this akvarium? The A.mavortium or your groupe of T.marmoratus?

Keep up the good work.

Fredrik

Hi Fredrik.

The freezer construction is relative easy to build, everonoe can do it with right tools and information how to do. And i also you i belive;)

I will house both of my species in this enclosure, it is two tanks in one you can say. The left side is for marms and the right tank is for A.mavortium.

Regards/Tomas

Absolutely fascinating build! You have inspired me with the construction.

As long as no one explains to my wife the Tapecrete and wood is not really for a kitchen remodeling!

:D

The integral cooling system is brilliant, and the actual case construction is museum quality furniture!

Well done!

All I can say is Wow!! I love do it yourself projects and this one is shaping up quite nicely! I can't wait to see the finished product. I had to laugh at the picture of the driftwood in the bathtub because it reminds me of my house.

Questions about the pipes you used with your refrigerator cooling system. First, are the pipes simply plastic PVC? Next, how did you attach them? More silicone sealant?

Absolutely fascinating build! You have inspired me with the construction.

As long as no one explains to my wife the Tapecrete and wood is not really for a kitchen remodeling!
:D

The integral cooling system is brilliant, and the actual case construction is museum quality furniture!

Well done!

I have much to thank you for!

Haha, it is a cement bound what i know, tell her that;)

Thanks alot, and as mentioned i cant whait to see how it turns out with the freezer! and ss we spek it is time to put the second layer of cement, back to work!

Just wondering...... is that SolidWorks you are using for the conceptual drawing?

Hi guys.

A litle update, more will definitely happen this week!

fffffffffff5011.jpg

fffffffffff5022.jpg

fffffffffff5020.jpg

fffffffffff5038.jpg

Well some stones that i shall place her and there in the marms vivarium. I must say that im quite satisfied with these!

Cheers.

Very cool! They look just like real granite stones! You really do a grate job with the painting. Your vivarium projects are definitely very ambitious!
Looking forward to further updates!

Thanks Vide! but the stones are not painted yet, i will do that when all other stones are finished.

Im on my way now:)

Update.
I have more to do with carving and so. It is wery hard for me to explain how it will look finished because you se both stone parts, waterfall, land/cocoparts and moss parts on the picture. I tried to sketch using google sketch but that did not work.. Well you will se soon.
fffffffffff5055.jpg

fffffffffff5056.jpg

I shall also build hills with substrat.

I get excited every time I see a new addition to this thread! I have been following your progress from the beginning, it really is facinating to see the progress. I can't wait to see the finished thing.

I get excited every time I see a new addition to this thread! I have been following your progress from the beginning, it really is facinating to see the progress. I can't wait to see the finished thing.

I understand how you mean, i have some my selfe that i just want to se finished! i appreciate all kind feedback i get on this forum, im glad i found this home site!! :D that happy.

Well i may have been ruined some parts but this is how it looks, and if you guys have some idea or so Please tell me;). I belive that it will be a litle more stone part on the left side(waterfall part) the rest i leave for moss and substrate, plants and some small stones. But now you see how i mean it all, still much to do and adjust. I shall fix with waterfall so it get as i want, the former structure was to much of a stair i think and i dont like that.
fffffffffff5090.jpg

fffffffffffffffffffff.jpg

This is onlu the first layer of cement blended with Tapecrete, and as mentioned some hills close on on backside and sides.

Perhaps more like this, a smal part of stone at the right and rest moss among other.
fffffffffff5091.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back