Question: Tank lights...

Dipsy66

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Dipsy
I would like to be able to see my little axies in the evenings when I'm home....at the moment the tank just has ordinary white lights and I'm conscious of the fact they don't like too much light and I don't want the lights warming the water up to much.

Is there anything I can use that would be better for them for 3 to 4 hours of an evening???? Someone suggested blue lights to me but I wanted the opinion of the "experts" on here first.

Your feedback would be very much appreciated.

I personally have never tried but i would imagine if you can get a soft white light bulb it would work without hurting your axolotls eyes as well as provide enough light to see your tank.

I made a DIY led light fixture out of car interior LEDs. They are soft and not so intense and my axolotls seem to come out more with them on.

In winter I used a blue LED. It's facing the wall so it's not directed straight into the axie's tank. It didn't disturb him when I turned it on. :happy:

Attachments

• IMG_0777.jpg
    IMG_0777.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 155
Thank you all...will have to see if I can get an LED light. :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back