Temp and current

OpalRaven7

Reaction score
Country
United States
a few weeks ago i moved my 2 axies from a 10 gallon to a 29 gallon aquarium. i was hoping with the bigger tank the temp would drop a little bit because the temp on the 10 gallon was 70-72F which i know is too high. so now they are in the 29 gallon but the temp is still 70F. i try and keep my room temp at 70F sometimes it goes up a degree or 2 but for the most part it is 70F. the water in the tank does evaporate fairly quickly i think, and the filter out-take stirs up the water currents so i didnt want to add a bubbler because i know they dont like high water current. i am just not sure what else i can do to lower the tamp and also if i need top do something to lower the current in the water???

HI there, I have always had probs with temp aswell and I have just upgraded from a 3ft to 4ft and temp wise it has made no difference!

have you tried a clip on fan they are great??

Zoe

Unless you're having problems with your axies, I wouldn't worry about 70F. My tank is usually right around there.

The larger tank will be the same temperature as your room. It just takes longer to warm up/cool down.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back