Temperature fluctuations

HayleyK

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Hayley
As many of you know Australian summers are quite intense with temperatures ranging from high 20s to low 40s (degrees Celsius). I have been using ice bottles successfully however I decided to get a chiller. I have hooked it up to a new canister filter (old filter still running and will continue to run for a few months until bacteria builds up in canister). I have bought an appropriate chiller and it is set to 16 degrees Celsius and will switch off at that temperature. When the tank hits 18 degrees Celsius it will turn back on.

My issue is being in such a hot climate even with a chiller the temperature goes from 16 to 18 between like 2 - 4 hours and cools back down in 1 - 2 hours. Is this too much of a fluctuation? If so how am I supposed to win this war with this weather?!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back