Temperature?

grecaaale

Reaction score
Country
United States
I currenly have a 20 gallon tank and for some reason my dorm room is much hotter than it should be, soo the tank is sitting at 70 degrees i know this is not optimal temp for them and i do try to put ice bottle in with them but that is very difficult for me to do and it only brings the temp down to 68-69 when i do it, and that only lasts for a lil bit, even though this temp is fairly high, should the axolotls be ok at this temp for an extended period of time?

get a fan, it'll lower the temps a few degrees

High Grecaaale. The water in my house sits at about 70 too, so I got a clip on fan and it brings it down to about 65 and even lower at night. It was like four bucks at walmart. Hope that helps!

ya i was thinking about trying to get a fan, but i really am tight for cash

get one off amazon for like 15 bucks. I managed to get a prime account for free using my college email, so you'll get free shipping. In texas where it's really dry a fan has lowered my temp like 10 degrees, up here in arkansas where it's really humid it lowers it about 3-4 degrees, maybe 5 not exactly sure how hot it is in my apartment, but my tank is never in the dangerzone and my apartment is nice and warm

Check Walmart. The one I got there was literally $4.00

yea if walmart has them in stock, it's probably cheaper there, problem for me was that fan's are usually seasonal, so I had to order online

i just tried looking online for a cheap fan from walmart and didnt see one :(

I wouldn't worry about 70f. It's not terribly warm. My tanks routinely get around 70 in the summer. Once it starts going over 74-75 for long periods of time, then you should start worrying.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back