Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tiger salamander Availabilty in UK

Giles

Reaction score
I have some Axolotls now but i was looking into Tiger Salamanders in the future, but looking around there dont seem to be many breeder/sellers of them in the UK, are they rare over here or am I just not looking in the right places? :)

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
I have some Axolotls now but i was looking into Tiger Salamanders in the future, but looking around there dont seem to be many breeder/sellers of them in the UK, are they rare over here or am I just not looking in the right places? :)

I assume they are hard to find for sale since they aren't native on that continent. I would think its even harder to find CB individuals. If there are any for sale I'd bet they are imports from North America. I do remember seeing some for sale on German websites and other non-english European websites. That was years ago. Good luck!

rethgar

Reaction score
There are a few places in the UK that sell them, depends really on whether you are going to collect or want to get them posted. I can PM you some places to look if you like?

Giles

Reaction score
Yes please, I live in the Midlands but I did notice there were some right down south just wondered if there was anywhere 'local' as it were. Still unsure about posting anything 'live', is the success rate high?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!