Tiger Salamander escaped

misaj

Reaction score
Country
Czech_Republic
Hello, I saw my Salamander on Monday, Tuesday morning I'm not sure, then I left and came home on Wednesday afternoon and my salamander wasn't in his tank - I searched a lot. Me or my mum must have accidentally left his tank open, but we don't know about it. I was searching for him through the whole flat, but I'm not able to find him. I put three containers with moist coco fibre in rooms where he might be. Is there anything else I should do? How long can he make it without water? Do you think he will hang around the flat? I'm really worried, thanks a lot for any ideas..

It's a good idea placing the three containers with moist coco fibre. Hopefully he will seek out the moist environment. Continue looking for him especially in dark locations like under furniture, etc. and be carefull walking.
Keep us posted.

Thank you for your answer. I keep looking - about every thirty minutes I go round flat and check under the bed etc. We also have cat and she doesn 't know about him, so I'm afraid he's stuck somewhere.

I'm incredibely happy! I was losing hope, but this morning I found my salamander in his tank! He was pretty dirty - he must have been burried really deep - somewhere the coco fibre is up to 10 cm and i chechked only about 2-3 cm - because he never dug so deep and when I came to the tank he came up immediately. So he was under the surface for 4-5 days and now he's ok and really happy.

I'm incredibely happy! I was losing hope, but this morning I found my salamander in his tank! He was pretty dirty - he must have been burried really deep - somewhere the coco fibre is up to 10 cm and i chechked only about 2-3 cm - because he never dug so deep and when I came to the tank he came up immediately. So he was under the surface for 4-5 days and now he's ok and really happy.

My advice was, check your setup, again and again and again! I've been caught out with this a couple of times. That is great news my friend. Nothing like a happy ending ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back