Tiger Salamander?

A

adam

I was givin a salamander a couple of months ago and I have been wondering what it is. I posted a picture on another site and they said it might be a tiger. The people kept it in a fish tank half filled with water and fed it goldfish pellets and told me to do the same. I still keep it in the tank with water but feed it canadian nightcrawlers instead of the pellets cause i read they are better for em. Any info you can give me will be appreciated.

42078.jpg

42079.jpg

Definately a tiger. Not a bad looking tiger. Will be magnificent with proper care. Good luck, Adam.

Looks like the grey morph Tiger that sometimes gets sold here in the south as a "water dog" in its larval form.

I've got some soil now but before I put it in the tank I have got a question.
How should I keep the soil damp?

Get hold of a water sprayer and mist the tank daily. If you place bark hides, moss and leaf litter in the tank this will help retain moisture in the soil. Try to create a moisture gradient with some areas of the tank drier than others, allowing the inhabitant to osmoregulate.

If you go to a local walmart or such, go into the girls haircare section, and look for 'travel size' soap carriers tooth brush holders, and they should have some nice spray bottles. That's where I get mine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back