Tiny white bugs in tank....

M

mary

hi there, any other nz'ers got tanks full of barely visible white creatures? had them last year too- must be the larvae of some insect. i seem to be changing alot of the water every few days- also coz its keep getting murky. it has been hot here (for a change)- can too frequent water changes be bad and somehow excerbate the murkiness??

I had the same problem with tiny white worms but i put in sum anti crustacean parasite and the next day thay had all died

I have daphnia and baby mozzy larvae in my tank for my babies, but I do have some very tiny little white things in my daphnia tub outside. I was actually wondering if my babies would eat them but they seem to be ignoring the brineshrimp for the larger stuff, daphnia/live bloodworm/mozzy larvae/baby earthworms chopped, so may just ignore them.

It has been warm here, I thought summer would never arrive! I change two of my sisters tanks every 2-3 days, just 20-30%, but they're unfiltered and need to be.

Have you done a big water change recently; if you did you might have kicked your tank into a minicycle (or re-cycle if ya know what i mean!)

Maybe to check if it is doing a minicycle get the water tested to see if the ammonia or nitrite levels are rising above 0.

Yes i should invest in a proper test kit... its possible there is a minicycle going on- if so how bad is that?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back