Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

too much snow!!

josh

Reaction score
man.... ive been trapped in the house for 4 days now.... its driving me nuts! the snow will not let up here. and we are supposed to get freezing rain tomorrow. woo hoo!!! im never getting out of here....

Jake

Reaction score
Try to remain calm. I think 'winter' is the name of your condition. As far as I've read the only cure is to move south. I myself am having similar issues right now, but I choose to pretend the snow is sand and convince myself I'm on the beach.

Herb

Reaction score
Are you getting a lot of drifting up there in Hampshire, Jake? I barely made it to Batavia today - I saw cars all over in the ditches. I'm sure our Canadian brethren are having a rough time as well. I guess I will just hunker down for the day and hope the roads get better for work tomorrow.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
We got 10 inches, but we've got a balmy -16C with -29C wind chill (30-50mph gusts).

Trust me Jacq, you don't want it. At those temperatures, any exposed skin is at risk of frostbite in just seconds.

Last edited:

josh

Reaction score
Try to remain calm. I think 'winter' is the name of your condition. As far as I've read the only cure is to move south. I myself am having similar issues right now, but I choose to pretend the snow is sand and convince myself I'm on the beach.

well see.... here is what is wrong with the picture here..... i have never once been stranded at home due to the weather where i live. they say this is the worst storm the northwest has had in like 90 years or something silly like that:eek: we have almost 2 feet of snow.... i know that is not alot... but its ALOT for western washington. we are supposed to get freezing rain after the snow passes..... :(

Abrahm

Reaction score
Nothing like 1mm of snow to totally bring the UK to a standstill.

Even in Minnesota, the Great White North, the first snow of the season results in a whole legions of cars in the ditch, accidents everywhere and people driving 20mph on perfectly cleared freeways. Good gravy people it snows every year for months.

Air temp today is -23C with a -32C windchill.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
wow, and i thought my city was cold.....
We are reputed to be one of the coldest cities in spain, and some years we get about 50-60 cm of snow in the middle of the city (i loooooove it). Not bad for a mediterranean country.
However, where i study it rarely snows and when it does it´s never over a few centimetres.....yet people still go mad, and you can even see people from parts of spain where it never snows get very excited and even cry xDD
I find it incredibly funny to see someone crying over a couple cm of snow.....

newtmaster8

Reaction score
hey guys, i cant say i wish we had snow here in florida. i hate the cold. sucks fo uuuu! jk but yea that doesnt sound funn...at least its possable for u guys to breed ur newts and salamanders and watnot. with the cold tempuratures. its almost impossable for me. im new here. just joined. looks like fun! i got 3 empty tanks and trading so just saying hi to some fellow members...hi!

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Good gravy people it snows every year for months.

I have no idea how many times I said that this week.

With all the blowing and drifting snow, we've had some problems with snow plows keeping up. Especially since the Governer thinks she can save money by not plowing the roads as much. Of course, the only people cashing in on that are the tow-truck drivers. I think after all the cars I saw in the ditch this weekend, I might rethink Richard's thoughts of buying a tow truck.

Today it's a lovely -8C, with a -15C wind chill. Not quite as chilly as Minnesota, but still makes for no fun. Wading through 3-4 foot snow drifts to get to the car is not my idea of a good time.

Abrahm

Reaction score
Today it's a lovely -8C, with a -15C wind chill. Not quite as chilly as Minnesota, but still makes for no fun. Wading through 3-4 foot snow drifts to get to the car is not my idea of a good time.

That's practically balmy! :p Sounds like you guys got the raw end of the snow stick, though. This snow fall has made me very pleased with my new garage and plowed alley, but you certainly seem to have it worse.

kira

Reaction score
Send some that weather (yes the cold too) down to Australia would you?? Its better then the humid 37C or 98F we have been having:D

oceanblue

Reaction score
My daughter wants some snow too but I'll settle for the status quo, a damp 10C (50F) still and no wind chill.

I've cleared accumulated leaves from the edge of the drive and at the same time replenished stocks of earthworms so the axolotls are happy too!

I hope you escape soon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!