Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Triturus carnifex

discoferret

Reaction score
Hello everyone, well Ive just received my sexed pair of Triturus carnifex (Italian Crested Newts) a couple of hours ago. They are between 10-12cm long. They have just came out of hibernation so placed them on the land part first. But within 5 mins they were exploring their new home and went for a swim. Will post some pics later.

discoferret

Reaction score
pics

heres some photos the of my newts. The first 2 are of the male and the last two of the female which one of her eating a worm.

Attachments

• CIMG0160.JPG
    CIMG0160.JPG
    264.8 KB · Views: 357
  • CIMG0161.JPG
    CIMG0161.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 318
  • CIMG0162.JPG
    CIMG0162.JPG
    265.7 KB · Views: 319
  • CIMG0164.JPG
    CIMG0164.JPG
    247.8 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

MRIGUY

Reaction score
Good looking beasties you have there. I have always liked their coloring. Not bright but it has a certain depth to it that bright colors can't seem to manage.

discoferret

Reaction score
well its only been a couple of hours and the male is trying to mate all ready. he has been wiggling his tail and realeased his sperm but the female didnt follow him so didnt come in contact with the sperm. he is very eager but she aint having any of it lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!