IMG_0013.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 378
it's a female. males have a very distinct crest along their back :)

Looks like is crest is growing up, and the blue shining on the tail, seems to be a male...

i think male

The crest only shows up during breeding season. Male crested newts have more of a white stripe in their tail. Some females have a little white in their tail. I think it is a male and will crest up. Time will tell.

Male, for sure. No female has that dark cloaca and the clear beginnings of a crest.

Enrico, its still too early to tell for sure. 50% chances to be both male and female. Only a few more 3 or 4 months can tell accurately. There are totally no visible marks or clues in the newt to validate it sex yet so you better wait. Seems me of a female, but who knows if its just a too early male...
Cheers,

for me is a male. see that pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,106
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back