Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Trouble logging in

warrior

Reaction score
Iv'e logged in to my username and password and my log in name appears at the top right of the page,but when I go to the forum or other places I am logged off.Why is this?I don't want to keep logging in on every page I go to.How do I fix this or can John Clare fix this?Everytime I visit this page before last week I was automaticly logged in without any trouble.I've restored my password also.Thanks and please help.

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
I used to stay logged in everytime I visited the forum. Now I have to log in everytime I visit the forum. I do stay logged in wherever I navigate on the forum for that session.

Kerry1968

Reaction score
I have the same problem Michael, I thought it was something I had done! It's very annoying to keep having to log in.

tony

Reaction score
I have the same problem get it fixed john please getting old now got a bad memory.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a known problem with cookies (the thing that helps your computer to keep you logged in). The problem is on your end. You need to delete our cookie and then log in (don't forget the "Remember" box) and you will be set. To delete the cookie will depend on what browser you have but it is usually an option in privacy or security from the browser's menu.

I use mac firefox and to delete just the caudata.org cookie I go to the "preferences" menu, then "privacy", then "remove individual cookie", then find "caudata.org" on the list and click "Remove Cookie". Then log in like I said earlier and your problem will be fixed.

Kerry1968

Reaction score
Thank you John. I've never done anything with 'cookies' before (except eat them!) but I did as you said and I'm now logged in permenantly again, if I can do it anyone can!

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
when I search cookies I think their are about 20 cookies for caudata.org They say things like
caudata.org bblastactivity
caudata.org bblastvisit
caudata.org bbuserid

Do I delete all of them? I'm kind of lost.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!