Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tubifex - red cherry shrimp

idontthinkso

Reaction score
One red cherry shrimp died which i put in a box with live tubifex, then i saw the tubifex were covering the dead shrimp. Now my question is can i still feed these tubifex to my newts ? I just bought the shrimp 5-11 days before it died. the others are doing ok, i bought the shrimps from 2 different sellers so im not sure how many days ago i bought that one.

I added a picture, could you tell me what the yellow things on the moss ball are ?

Attachments

• IMG_7666 (Kopie).JPG
    IMG_7666 (Kopie).JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 7,951

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Those yellow things look like eyeballs but I'm not sure where the nose and mouth are. (This is funny).

The yellow things look like some kind of midge larvae.
It is not a good idea to use dead animals as food for your food for the salamanders.

jeromeetabuzo

Reaction score
One red cherry shrimp died which i put in a box with live tubifex, then i saw the tubifex were covering the dead shrimp. Now my question is can i still feed these tubifex to my newts ? I just bought the shrimp 5-11 days before it died. the others are doing ok, i bought the shrimps from 2 different sellers so im not sure how many days ago i bought that one.

I added a picture, could you tell me what the yellow things on the moss ball are ?

Looks like a newly molted tubifex worms, are those little guys moving?

idontthinkso

Reaction score
Yes it does move, i made a new picture.

Attachments

• IMG_7743.jpg
    IMG_7743.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,507
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!