Two Heads are Better than One

Jake

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Jacob Bidinger
Go ahead, tell me what a monster I am for not killing them!

Attachments

• IMG_7139.jpg
    IMG_7139.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,378
Nah...curious though to see how this developes. How advanced is this / And is this a one off ?

Last edited:
I'm really interested in seeing if this survives hatching. If it survives longer as a juvenile and to adulthood, I wonder if both heads will be fully functional, and also how the legs develop. The only two headed axolotl I've heard about have been the ones that they tested on in a laboratory by relocating a head onto another axolotl.

Wow that is cool. I'm real;ly only posting so I can subscribe and see how it grows. good luck :)

How bizarre! Looks like it's got two tails as well. I'd be surprised if it lives long but keep us updated anyway. Good luck.

Regards Neil

I'd be interested in seeing what becomes of this guy too..

Siamese twin axolotls

<3 >o_o< <3

I have a feeling that if it hatches out it may end up being a spinner. I wish it luck. If it can swim and eat, I'd keep it just to track its progress over time as it develops.

That is so interesting! I can't wait to see updates on how it is developing. Would be great to track its progress and hopefully it lives a full life.

There have been many cases of turtles and snakes making it to adulthood w/ two heads. Now I'm anxious to see how an axolotl will do.

You naughty naughty boy! Lol! That's freakin awesome...can't wait to see how things turn out...be sure to keep us posted :D

Julia- it looks to be about a week or so from hatching (if it does). This is the first time I've seen this in axolotls, I get a lot of multiple embryos sharing one membrane, but never sharing a yolk sac :p

Here is a pic of the other side.

Attachments

• IMG_7141.jpg
    IMG_7141.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,733
What i wonder is how it will poop. Lol

Very interesting! Can't wait to see how it develops. Looking forward to updates.

I will find you if you kill it ;)

Well, some ignorant people who are experts on axolotls (without even keeping them) think the fact that this is leucistic means it's deformed. Imagine what those very ignorant people would say if they saw conjoined twins. ;)

Well, some ignorant people who are experts on axolotls (without even keeping them) think the fact that this is leucistic means it's deformed. Imagine what those very ignorant people would say if they saw conjoined twins. ;)

And I do not care... Pure curiosity drives me... Simple as... See how it develops, If the fella struggle or will be in discomfort... Vodka... But we need to see what will happen !!!

And I do not care... Pure curiosity drives me... Simple as... See how it develops, If the fella struggle or will be in discomfort... Vodka... But we need to see what will happen !!!
I don't think getting it drunk will solve it's problems, it looks like it may be difficult for it to get around sober! ;-)

I don't think getting it drunk will solve it's problems, it looks like it may be difficult for it to get around sober! ;-)

Small doses act as anaesthetic... Bigger kills painlessly... Just in case. Waiting for posts! It is my time for Vodka ;)

Posting in this thread so I can keep up with it as well! I really hope it hatches and survives! How could not love twin/conjoined axies smiling at you? The cuteness >o<

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back