Tylototriton cf. Kweichowensis update!!!

Awesome! Great idea on weighing them and stuff. I would love to have this species, too bad i don't have room :/ Keep us updated, and keep the pics coming, i love seeing them! :D -Seth

As much as I would love to seth, I cannot take pictures. I am trying to disturb them as little as possible. The only times I have gone near their tank is to feed them and moisten the soil. Best of luck to you too Neil :D

Great looking specimens!
Those individuals actually are T. yangi, not T. kweichowensis. They are more terrestrial than T. kweichowensis, so I would suggest increase the land portion and offer more live plants and hiding spots. I have 5 T. yangi and I keep them in terrestrial setting with only a water bowl, which they seldomly use.
Here are a pict of my tank that took recently.

The tank was made one year ago, and mosses and plants were growing naturally since then. I moist the tank twice a day and feed the newts once every 3 days with crickets and worms.

Attachments

• 96f2ec16jw1ec1ovpma0dj218g0xc7go.jpg
    96f2ec16jw1ec1ovpma0dj218g0xc7go.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 396
  • DSC_5918.JPG
    DSC_5918.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 445
  • DSC_6176.JPG
    DSC_6176.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 340
As much as I would love to seth, I cannot take pictures. I am trying to disturb them as little as possible. The only times I have gone near their tank is to feed them and moisten the soil. Best of luck to you too Neil :D

Ok, that is totally fine. Its really neat what your doing, keep us updated! :D

Nice setup Asianherps! But with all those plants, I don't know how you ever see your newts! :p
-Seth

That's true~lol They only come out from hiding spots at night. But that reflects most of their natural behaviors.

That's true~lol They only come out from hiding spots at night. But that reflects most of their natural behaviors.

When I made the thread they were still called tylototriton cf. kweichowensis. I began calling them yangi as soon as I heard them name :) I have created a new thread with the proper name now so it is more accurate.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back