Tylototriton Shanjing Captive bred 2018 eggs

mr cyclone

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
I’ve been willing my Tylototriton shanjing or light variant verrucosus or whatever they are to lay eggs for weeks now. I’ve been looking daily on the land area with no luck. Needless to say I’ve now found eggs littered all over the tank in the water, on the glass,filter, aquatic moss, (everywhere except, where I wanted them to be for collecting) I have fished out around 35 as they are near impossible to reach. I believe they have been laying today.
I’ll be posting some more details in the next few days ,
I’m very happy now 3 species of 5 I’ve had ambitions to breed ,more pictures to follow

Attachments

Stacebaker19

Reaction score
Country
United States
Its been a minute but do you still have the adults?

Stacebaker19

Reaction score
Country
United States
yes I do they bred again this year
Sweet, keep me posted. I'm trying to secure individuals from different lines for a future breeding project. I pay premium. I will have bumble bee toads in the next 30 days if you are interested in trading as well. I've talked to a few folks and they have either flaked or aren't that interested in moving juveniles.

Stacebaker19

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you ever consider selling your adults I'd be interested as well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Grantsky:
    Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this as I am new to the site, b
    +1
    Unlike
  • ltoloxa-:
    Hey, can anyone recommend a good fan/cooler in UK?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Nycolebayne:
    I’ve got proven female axolotls available if anyone is interested.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Mark.H:
    Hey, does anyone know if shale is ok for long-toed salamanders?
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    As long as its cleaned yeah! You can even make overhangs if you have enough pieces to make nice caves and platforms
    +1
    Unlike
  • Mark.H:
    Ok, thanks!
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    My pleasure! River rocks work well too, and go rather well with all kinda lung less salamanders,
    +1
    Unlike
  • Mark.H:
    Great! I'll use some of those too. Thanks for the help. :)
    +1
    Unlike
  • Tinky:
    So everywhere talks about testing your water parameters but I can't find what to do it there aren't right?! Like too low not too high, anybody any ideas?
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    It’s very dry in Colorado. I make sure to spritz every night so while I’m sleeping. I have a nifty hydrometer that I got from Walmart. It tells me blue, green, red; too little humid, good, too much respectively. It’s been helpful to me.
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    It tells me temperature AND humidity.
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    Where'd you get that? Or is it just a combo from petsmart or something?
  • jnerdx:
    I’m pretty sure I got it at a Walmart.
  • jnerdx:
    I just looked it up to see if I can find it again. It’s actually a hyGROmeter and temperature. Which measures the dew point. Here is the difference between due point and humidity. https://www.weather.gov/arx/why_dewpoint_vs_humidityYou can calculate Th relative
  • jnerdx:
    the relative humidity using the dew point measurement.
  • jnerdx:
    Here is the product I purchased:
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
  • jnerdx:
    it has a stand. And I had a spare suction from my filter. So it’s on the wall of my Sal’s enclosure.
  • jnerdx:
    That’s a pic of it in the enclosure.
  • MVM1991:
    Nice! Also, from what I can see you have an amazing setup! What species?
  • jnerdx:
    S. S. Gigliolli
  • MVM1991:
    Ooo nice!
  • jnerdx:
    Thank you! I tried to share the video but unsuccessful. You can see it on my IG story @jnerdx
    jnerdx: Thank you! I tried to share the video but unsuccessful. You can see it on my IG story @jnerdx