Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tylototriton verrucosus

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
I have just received three of these juveniles, raised by Anthony McGill.

Attachments

• Tylo's 002.jpg
    Tylo's 002.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 2,266

Shadow

Reaction score
Really nice! I planned on getting some of these but wanted something a little more terrestrial.

How about some more photos!

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Two more pictures for you :happy:
Eva.....I am going to try really really hard not to get anything else, but you know me well enough to know I will fail.
They are currently in an aquarium with soil moss and a large sunk water bowl. They merrily hop into the water and then cleverly hide ....they blend in beautifully with the soil :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Tylo's 004.jpg
    Tylo's 004.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 927
  • Tylo's 010.jpg
    Tylo's 010.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 886

mr cyclone

Reaction score
Hi i'm raising the same type of juveniles as you, I didn't have much success raising them terrestrial.
I'm now raising two juveniles aquatic,along with my adults temperatures are about 22 to 24 degrees C.
I love them their fattening up quite well!, good luck with your one's

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
I am very tempted to do the same. The room they are in is on the cooler side and it also happens to be my oldest son's room, so all the plug sockets have been hijacked by his stuff. I would need a heater in their tank I think to raise the temperature enough for them.

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Time for a little update.
Since reading Mr Cyclones comment I have put them in a more aquatic set up. I did have a heater in with them, but when it started making scary sounds I removed it. The water temperature is approx. 15 degrees at the moment. They enjoy eating earthworms and the largest is now close to 3 inches in length.

Attachments

• Tylo's 004.jpg
    Tylo's 004.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 946
  • Tylo's 007.jpg
    Tylo's 007.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 950
  • Tylo's 010.jpg
    Tylo's 010.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 952

Niels D

Reaction score
Those are some fine looking animals. Here the temperatures are 15C as well. They've had 10C to endure, but this didn't had any effect on their ferocious appetite.

evut

Reaction score
They look like they've grown a lot since I saw them. I don't think I'll be able to sit and wait for yours to breed....I have a serious newt crush!

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
I received some eggs from Mr Cyclone, these started hatching w/c 16th April. Here is on of the larvae. I hadn't realised they had developed their hind legs :D

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 732

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Today, the first of the eggs that I got from Aaron/ Mr Cyclone morphed :D

Attachments

• Tylo morphs 001.jpg
    Tylo morphs 001.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,023

froggy

Site Contributor
Reaction score
The ones that you got from Anthony McGill are the offspring of my animals, which are the line originating with John's animals! I gave them to Tony when I went to uni. Good to know that they are still breeding.

Good luck with them!

C

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Nearly two inches, just fed them all and it is merrily chomping on the worms in the water. There is a smaller one which may be close behind...but not convinced it hasn't been nibbled on by its siblings.
Aaron, did you give your new morphs a terrestrial phase...I know I have asked you, but have completely forgotten what you said :eek:

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
I realised I haven't updated this recently.
This week, after sprucing up the adults tank and doing a water change I returned to find them swimming frantically around the tank and nudging each other. I initially thought that I had done something wrong with the water change, but checked and all seems fine. It was only after I put my specs on that I noticed that their nice clean and tidy tank was now adorned with spermataphore. I have just walked in on them just now and they are at it again :eek:
Here is a photo of the spermataphore ( because I am sure you'll all be as excited to see it as I was) and one of the culprits :D

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 722
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,018
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!