Tylotriton Shanjing

R

rob

Well all, today I was inspecting the water in my T. Shanjing's tank today.

I noticed several (about four or five) small gel like spheres/ovals.

I don't believe these are eggs or anything, but perhaps they were spermaphores. I'm unsure though because sometimes when the animals defecate I notice the food item (such as crickets) are still mostly whole and in a gel sack similar to these. These are much smaller then that though, approximatly the size of peas.

I'm hoping it's spermaphores with the amount of time my male has been spending in the water.

Anyone have any ideas themselves?

Thanks,
Rob

Ahh...well they don't look like that.

Then I'm not sure if it's eggs or not. I think it's probably just their waste...but who knows.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back