Typhlonectes natans and axolotl

amy88

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Amy
Hiya,

I don't know too much about typhlonectes natans but they i think they are cool and interesting. I was wondering if you could house them with axolotl or not?

Thanks,
Amy

In addition to the legality, T. natans are tropical, while axolotls require temperatures of preferably under 21C. Keeping the tank warm enough for caecilians will surely kill your axolotl, and vice versa. Keeping the tank 'in between' will just stress and weaken and eventually kill both animals.

In addition to the legality, T. natans are tropical, while axolotls require temperatures of preferably under 21C. Keeping the tank warm enough for caecilians will surely kill your axolotl, and vice versa. Keeping the tank 'in between' will just stress and weaken and eventually kill both animals.

Hey thanks so much for that. I didn't even realise they weren't legal is AUS.

Also, they look quite like worms..and to the blindish axies, could look like food..like Rayson said, specie mixing is a no-no unless its with food.

Mark

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back