Update on my larvae

B

brian

I while ago I posted that I had found some salamander larvae. They turned out to be Eurycea bislineata, or northern two-lined salamanders. All ten that I had are still alive, and I moved them into a small aquarium but I will have to get a bigger one if they grow too much. Now that I know what I am looking for, I have been able to find at least five different larvae of the same species in the brook from which the eggs of my larvae came. I still have yet to see an adult though. As soon as I have a chance I will get some new pictures and post them.

Cool Brian, you might consider letting a few of the smaller ones go. I'm able to keep 2-4 adult 2-lineds (depending on size) in a 2.5g, so you probably don't need to go bigger than a 5 unless you really want to.

I was just in Kentucky and found two adults. I took pictures
of one, then let him go.
21538.jpg
21539.jpg
21540.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back