Urgent help needed!!!!!!!!

JTinker92

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have found a larvae off some kind and dont know what to do what kind of water do i use and any other info need i have him in a Styrofoam cup in the fridge plz help me out i can get an aquarium but should i use tap water or what?

Aged Tap Water(Get Rid Of The Chlorine But Make Sure The Water Has No chloromine) or Tap Water with Dechlorinator from a petstore. Pictures of it? And I Wouldnt keep It in a styrafoam cup.

yeah i plane on getting pictures but i have to find a charger for my camera first but i did pu him in a little gold fish bowl with pond water that had micro bugs he/she has been eating and pooing like crazy i also went out and put live pond plants in there to give off oxygen..

how do you post pics i took some off my moms iphne
and put them in my files on computer

Make a post > Click the paperclip near the smiley face > Hit choose file > Pick the picture(s) > Hit upload(the upload button in the same box thing the choose file thing is) > On the bottom of that little screen it has a percentage, when its done uploading the file on the screen will say Choose file again, then you can close it, and post your post P:

ok thanks :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 212
and i set up this little set up made from one of those small plastic critter keepers and my wife put some odor and cloudiness clearer in there is he still ok to be put in there i was not sure so i kept him in his fish bowl

"I believe it is a long toed sal larvae but not positive. And for the critter keeper I would just go with only tap water and dechlorinator. When it starts morphing provide a land area so a slope of sand, put something under the tank on one end or Ike a dock. The critter keeper would be better than a fishbowl, prefferably the bigger critter keepers. Try feeding little pieces of earthworm or night crawlers

ok i did put him in the critter keeper and went back down and found a big puddle with alot of tiny bugs and mequito larva in it for him to live in and saved some rain water i also bought some blood worm at pet store for him to eat he loves them but what made you think long toed salamander?

Just an assumption by the way it looks, ask some one in the 'In the Pond' Chat.

Not very large, around 3.5 inches

yeah he finally got his back legs developed when should i start having to put someting for him to climb on for when he morphs

It might take a while, they don't morph right when they get all their legs, could be months

Thenn, Im not Entirely sure, so I would just ask the people in the In The Pond chat

i did when i first got him i think it just to early they all look the same but im guessing either a marble or a spotted. they said he was too small to be a tiger salamander so im niot sure guess we will find out when he morphs llol the anticipation is killing me:wacko: but when he does morph ill post pics cuz i still will probly not know what he is im just glad i found him when i did cuz the river went beck down and the puddle he was in is pretty well dry and idk what would of happened to him i have been looking to raise a larva for some time they are just soo cute at this phase i love to watch him swim. he grows more and more ever couple hours it seems these thing are amazing to watch.:D

Im gonna take a wild guess, and guess Marbled

got a few more pics now that he has back legs

Attachments

• IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 201
You're gonna wanna do frequent water changed(like daily). Instead of feeding water bugs, i would run to a bait store/petstore/walmart and pick up some night crawlers or earthworms and drop it in front of its head of feed with tweezers. To keep your water clean and the salamander alive. and make sure your dechlorinating his water.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back