Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

URGENT!! Someone must be able to help me!!!!! The vet isn't helping much !!,

Dmcx3xx

Reaction score
Details? What’s going on?
Friday night/sat morning I think it was she had a worm. I seen sick in the tank and a few hours she's floating on her side with bloat.

Added her to the tub with prime and water.

Sunday morning there was some sick in her tub still on her side.

Monday she went to the vet had an x-ray they found has some where in her not the stomach but an empty space. The vet drained it she was still a bit floaty but not as bad and not as bloated after they took it out.

Fast forward to night gave her anti biotics and anti inflammatories headed to bed woke up she's all swollen again. Back to the vet today they took the gas out she was perfect gave her the medication tonighr and she's swollen back up again 20mins after the meds.

Vet said she has a worm in her stomach that might be causing a blockage and hopefully she poos it out and that could be causing an infection. I'm thinking it could be something else

pH 7.2
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 15

Temp 18 degress at the highest.

Attachments​

• Screenshot_20211123-220700.png
    Screenshot_20211123-220700.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Report•••
Reactions:John
[IMG alt="axie owner"]https://www.caudata.org/data/avatars/m/40/40819.jpg?1607836967[/IMG]

axie owner

Active member​

JoinedDec 12, 2020Messages107Reaction score29Locationmaitland NSW
ok it seems that the vet is doing the right thing. try feeding her blackworms for now. she will keep inflating for a little while but the anti biotics will help. remove the plant from the tub and make sure her skin doesn't dry out. also a bigger tub will help also a bubbler for more oxygen.

LikeReply
  • Love
Reactions:John
[IMG alt="Dmcx3xx"]https://www.caudata.org/data/avatars/m/41/41876.jpg?1625722672[/IMG]

Dmcx3xx

Member​

JoinedApr 15, 2021Messages36Reaction score2LocationUk
ok it seems that the vet is doing the right thing. try feeding her blackworms for now. she will keep inflating for a little while but the anti biotics will help. remove the plant from the tub and make sure her skin doesn't dry out. also a bigger tub will help also a bubbler for more oxygen.
She won't eat anything atm. The bigger tub doesn't work it's too big that she flops about in a panick so smaller one is easier the plant is there so she can hold on to it incase she needs to bring her self up I have seen her hold on to it a few times.

Report•••
[IMG alt="AMurry24537"]https://www.caudata.org/data/avatars/m/37/37942.jpg?1618844592[/IMG]

AMurry24537

Active member​

JoinedNov 25, 2019Messages365Reaction score127LocationWisconsin
Generally, I would advise not doing fridging unless necessary, but this is one of the circumstances that it might be very helpful. Sometimes a slight temperature drop helps them to poop. Other than that, I agree that it sounds like the vet's advice is what you should continue to follow. Watch for any new symptoms, but otherwise, just continue doing everything the same.

Like LikeReply
Reactions:You, axie owner and John

BoldItalicMore options…

Insert linkInsert imageMore options…
UndoMore options…
Preview

Font sizeText colorFont familyListAlignment
  • Align left
  • Align center
  • Align right
  • Justify text
Paragraph formatStrike-throughUnderlineInline spoilerInline code
SmiliesQuoteInsert videoMediaInsert tableInsert horizontal lineSpoilerCode
RedoToggle BB codeRemove formattingDrafts

Write your reply...
Attach files

Website & Content ©2001 - 2021 Caudata.org
Roach: nevermind! off my... +1 40 minutes ago

Chat 0

Sorry I wrote another post and just copied and pasted
Details? What’s going on?
1637742205451.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!