Usernames

J

jaffa

Sorry if this has been discussed before but it came to my attention before i registered and i just 'have' to say something...

The way usernames are displayed on the forum seems to be ... Well .... Just plain wrong.

For Example.. In the Axie Names thread the 1st poster is called Luke Whitfield yet underneath it says 'Username: Charlieshifter' The post below that is from Amber. But underneath her avatar is 'Username: Indigobluefish

If you check you'll see this general rule applies to all users

Shouldnt the Username be the one on primary display? Thats why i just repeated my name when i registered... Its not important i know but i thought id mention it. Sorry for wasting everyones time who bothered to read this ...
happy.gif

I just used my name as username with an underscore so I can't really forget it. Username used to be BoldBlackTiger which was pretty cool. Don't know why I changed it.

This is due to how people register thier account. This forum requires that one of the two fields have your real name in it although we do allow the use of simply first names for privacy issues.
Failure to comply with this TOS will result in a suspension of the person's account (and there have been a few)..

Ed

I have to admit I'm not comfortable using my real name online, but I will accept for this site.

I do see what Jaffa is saying however, I wouldn't mind as much if my real name were in the place of the Username, and vice versa, so that the one you'd notice most is my IBF sig.
*shrugs*
It's just the little things.

I agree very much with Amber and Jaffa. It is a bit uncomfortable doing a google search on ones own name and getting links to a forum posts.
On most forums I am on Username is the big name being displayed where as the real name is either small, on profile only, or used for admin purposes only...

I to was a bit worried displaying my name online, but on a site such as this and the quality it represents I didn't think there was any need for worry....

Just my opinion....

Regards Eastern_axle

Hmm. I appreciate the comment with quality, but because the site is quality doesn't nec. mean that all the browsers are.

I'm probably just paranoid, but I see AnnMarie's point too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back