Users by State

West Virginia breeder here. I'm curious if there any other keepers/breeders around here.

Madison, Wisconsin, on the university campus

I am from southeastern Wisconsin and always in search of newts and salamanders. Hopefully next spring will bring luck ...

Tennessee, but only interested in axolotls for now!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Now that we are limited to in-state movement of most newts and sals, we'll all need to get to know our neighbors!

The thought of doing that is a little terrifying! Most salamander people are reclusive and live under logs and don't want to be found.

Living in Georgia, and mainly interested in European Newts and Salamanders, however I do harbor a love for T.shanjing :)

Illinois, Near Chicago.

No luck of finding any caudata. Just frogs.

Please help. Lol

are you still out there? lol

I have had an awesome year herping ! granted I did cheat a little bit and have been herping in southern IL instead of northern.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back